Our Services - Your Benefit
Please take us into account for your Solr implementation needs.
Goals of Apache Solr for TYPO3
Apache Solr for TYPO3 is pursuing the objective of integrating the Solr
search server in TYPO3.
- Fast search on large sites with thousands of pages
- Evaluate search statistics and to display the server status
- Extended search features of Apache Solr are provided
- It is planned to provide ways to integrate search results from external systems. (like blogs, mediaindependent databases, and external websites can be searched an displayed by a central interface)
Disadvantages of Indexed Search
In standard installations TYPO3 comes with its own search, Indexed
Search. As long as the size of a site stays within a certain range of a few
hundred pages, the included search is sufficient in terms of speed.
Disadvantages of Indexed Search:
- Speed-Problems on websites with more than 500 pages
- Restriction to the current TYPO3 installation, external systems can not be searched.