Our Services - Your Benefit
Goals of Apache Solr for TYPO3
Apache Solr for TYPO3 is pursuing the objective of integrating the Solr
search server in TYPO3.
- Fast search on large sites with thousands of pages
- Evaluate search statistics and to display the server status
- Extended search features of Apache Solr are provided
- It is planned to provide ways to integrate search results from external systems. (like blogs, mediaindependent databases, and external websites can be searched an displayed by a central interface)
Disadvantages of Indexed Search
In standard installations TYPO3 comes with its own search, Indexed
Search. As long as the size of a site stays within a certain range of a few
hundred pages, the included search is sufficient in terms of speed.
Disadvantages of Indexed Search:
- Speed-Problems on websites with more than 500 pages
- Restriction to the current TYPO3 installation, external systems can not be searched.